Monday, December 2, 2013

This may very well be my last realistic chance to put anything up before I leave. There's nothing but packing and a few last-minute errands to do tomorrow, and get set apart, of course.

HERE WE GO!!!

Man, reality is finally starting to settle in, and my brain is finally starting to process that I'm actually leaving! IT'S SCARY! AND AWESEOME! AND NERVE-RACKING! AND EXCITING! ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! I've never really traveled outside of N.A., like I said last post, but seriously, that's a huge factor here! It's practically my first time leaving the continent! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I'm being talked about on Reddit! What the heck! Apparently some of you that know me have been doing more research on how-to-adjust-to-Korea than I have. Ha! Maybe I should get on that. I left a post on that thread, and hopefully that missionary (who is/has reported to the MTC for the same mission as mine) will see it, because that would be just too cool to find another someone going to Korea before I leave. I'd feel a lot better to meet someone in the same boat as me before I go. Here's a link to that thread, though, just so you can see all the great advice (and scares) that people are giving this guy/girl:

I think that saying goodbye to everyone here in Vernon has been the worst part, so far. I hate goodbyes, and I always have. But you know what? There's something about everyone being so incredibly excited for you that just makes things better. It's like their happiness for me makes it impossible to feel anything but happy. It's wonderful! I'm going to miss a lot of people, but, this feels oddly, and much to my unexpected surprise (if that makes any sense at all), this feels right. Getting all the preparation done and as the magical date of departure drew closer, my biggest fear was that leaving everything and everyone behind for a while would be much more terrible than it is turning out to be; I mean, come on! I'm not going to see people like my sister for years and years and years! Our missions will overlap! The same goes for a lot of my friends! But there's just this comfort that comes from knowing that I'm about to go and do something really good. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to come back having grown exponentially as a person and in spirit, and the Lord will bless me in one way or another that will make it okay in the end.

Anywho, it's REALLY late. I'm writing at this nonsensical time just because I love you all! I'm going to try to put up my ldsmail address up here somewhere conveinient before I leave, but just in case I don't, here it is: wesley.shaver@myldsmail.net
Tah-dah! It's pretty straightforward. I hope, nay, I expect to hear from lots of you! My mailing address is, as of yet, a mystery to me. I'll figure that out when I can, and you'll all just have to get it from a parent of mine.

BUT! That's all for now! And quite possibly all forever until I'm out of Canada! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Without wax,

Wes

PS: Just kidding! I just found my mailing address! What a coinkidink!
Elder Wesley Aaron Shaver
FEB04  KOR-SEOS
2007 N 900 E Unit   2
Provo UT 84602

But seriously, I'm tired. Goodnight all! I'll see you in two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment