Thursday, January 30, 2014

안녕하새요, 여러분!

Last Pday from the MTC!!

Alright, so a dozen of you have asked me if I'm excited that the flight is so close. Really, all the excitement and anxiety of finally going has officially come and gone from my system. I've been hyped about it for so long that at this point, it's more like I feel like it's taking so long that my brain has actually ceased to believe that I'm actually going to Korea, and I'm trying REALLY hard not to think about how looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong that flight is going to be. Seriously, I don't know if I'll survive being stuck on the plane for however many hours it is. 

This week has been pretty good, in other news. I mean, at this point everybody is struggling to not just coast for the last few days of our stay (a few of us do MUCH better than a lot of us). We're looking at In-Field Orientation tomorrow, and tearful goodbyes to our awesome teachers and to each other. The journals have been brought out and are being passed around for each other to sign. I'm pretty sure it's going to be like the end of a great week of EFY when everyone blubbers and sobs for the last little bit. Seriously, this might be one of the hardest things we'll have to do yet on our missions. My district, as I'm sure I've said a more than a few times, is like a big happy family, and we're dead set on reuniting and having a big party when we're all back. Munk 장로님 and I, and a few others, have plans to do epic camping trips in Canada when we get back. Some of us want to start a band when we get back (because so many of us are so musically talented). It's an amazing feeling. 

I honestly don't know what else there is to talk about at this point. The MTC has run out of surprises for me (I guess that that's just what happens when you've been here for as long as I have). I've learned some pretty great things about myself and about the gospel while I was here, and I'm going to be sad to have to leave it (except for the part where you sit in a classroom for hours and hours and hours and hours on end... and the food. Andrew might like the food now; but just wait. Just wait.). 

I can't wait to get to Korea. I just feel that when I get there, the sense of adventure will come back, and I know that it will feel so good to finally go to work. Hopefully the culture shock doesn't hit me too hard. And hopefully not the ENTIRE country smells like kimchi. I got a mass email from one of the Elders who left a few weeks ago, and it sounds like the work is going really well over there. I just want to be a part of it SOOO bad! If anything to do something other than study (a bad reason, I know. It's just humour, I promise! ;) ). 

But yes; this is my last anything from the MTC. Next PDay, you'll get a message that probably has a lot of me oohing an ahhing and freaking out and maybe nerding out and me being overwhelmed by everything and most likely some food-related horror stories. Don't get me wrong, the food sounds great! But there's a few things that our teachers (all of whom went to Korea on their missions) said to absolutely, no-matter-what, stay AWAY from. They also say that dog isn't all that bad. But they went to the un-Americanized part of Korea, so hopefully I don't get to deal with eating live octopus and sea-cucumber soup. 


But, that's all for now. I love you all! Next time; you all get to laugh at my pain! ;) 


Without Wax, 


Elder Shaver 


P.S.: A lot of you have asked me about the "Without Wax" thing. It's something I write to feel clever, but I got out of a book, so I'm really not that clever... But it makes me feel clever, so I use it. That's the only hint you get! >:P Muahhahahaha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment