Sunday, April 27, 2014

Transferred to Geumcheon!!

THE JACKETS ARE COMING OFF, FOLKS! IT'S GETTING REAAAAAAAAL!!!!
I meant to open with that a while ago... We've been allowed to take off jackets for at least two weeks, now. Surprise!

This week has been CRAZY!!!! Guess who came to the mission this past week? Brother and Sister Burton. They closed the Seoul West mission in 2010 (my mission is like, the reincarnation of that mission). Sister Burton, if you didn't guess already, is the General Relief Society President now, and she made history with us as she is the first (to her knowledge... and to mine) Sister General Authority to give specific instruction to any particular mission. Y'know, we're special, so no big :P
The day after that our mission and the Seoul Mission combined for a fireside with the Burtons, the Oscarsons (Sister Oscarson also being from the General Relief Society Presidency) and President Ringwood (the Area President) speaking. It was a big deal. And it was REALLY cool. I got to see 동기  members that went to the Seoul mission! That was a bit of a treat.

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED!!!!!
I'm going to a place called 금천, in the 안양 zone, which is the zone just South of the one I'm in now. Everybody that I've talked to that's been to the area I'm going to FREAKED out when I told them. They LOVE 금천. I guess I'll find out why starting on Wednesday. The past couple of days have just been a lot of packing, saying farewell testimonies and whatnot at church, and saying bye to the few investigators that our 3-month old area has. Mister 이 is having dinner with us tonight before I go. I'm going to miss that man. He's so nice. Apparently he's also a body guard. I just found out yesterday. He's still full of surprises.

My new companion's name is Elder Lee, and I had the opportunity to meet him briefly at the fireside on Saturday. He seems really nice, and not nearly as crazy as Elder Brissette. I'm excited. He's not that much older than me missionary-age, so it's going to be a different experience but I'm still excited!

Let's see... We met with some potentials this week, but so far they've all turned down the gospel, or have been to lukewarm towards it to care. BUT, we did have this one man spoil us rotten. He failed to keep his promise to come to church two weeks in a row, so he found time to meet with us and took us to a REALLY nice restaurant. He bought us the best meal I've ever had in Korea! Like, REALLY REALLY nice. I knew that Korean food was good, but like, he took us to a high-up-there restaurant and showed us some of the best of what Korea had to offer kind-of-thing. It was sweet!

Cool things happen on a mission. I'm kinda anxious about the actual missionary work being so slow so far, but a lot of neat things happen. Maybe in my next area they'll be more of the bring people to the gospel kind of things. I'm crossing my fingers for it, actually.
Anyways, just got to keep pushing forward!

Love you all!
Elder Shaver

Here are a few pictures!
The Slytherin tie Michelle brought back for me from London.


With Elder DeMille (my MTC awesome companion) at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment