Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ups and downs and all-arounds!

So this week we're back in our area! We left the day after I sent the last email to you all. The area's still great! But it's SOOOOO HOT!!!!! AND HUMID!!!!!!!

It's been a little crazy. I mean, I'm not allowed to do much, so not the busy-all-the-time-crazy; rather, this week I've been a big ball of stress. I couldn't really help it. The doctors tell me I'm fine, but that's what they told me the last two times, so there have been all of these "what-ifs" running laps in my head. I cringed every time a bus went over a bump. It wasn't tons of fun.

Luckily, I was blessed enough to have gotten over a lot of that. Thank you for all the love and support! I've gotten a lot of emails from you all, and I got the 'get well soon' card from the ward! It's sitting on my desk right now.
I have another check-up with the doctor tomorrow, I'm hoping for good news!

My eye is actually doing fine.... I think.... There's still a blind spot there, though I NEVER would have seen it if I didn't look for it (don't ask me how I do that). My depth perception is all out of whack, so I have a really hard time judging how much rice is actually in my rice bowl, and I've been stuffing myself a little over the past couple of meals. The bubble is gone... It died as I slept on Thursday night. I have mixed feelings about it. I can see better without it, but it got to be really entertaining after it shrunk to a certain point. Especially when it separated into more than one bubble. I would move them around each other by looking certain directions. It was kinda fun.

Anyways.

Elder and Sister Cook came to our mission on Saturday! They're so fun. Sister Cook is SUCH a sweet lady! And Elder Cook shook each of our hands. All 400 of us (from our mission and the Seoul Mission; it was a joint-conference). I wonder how a hand would feel after 400 consecutive handshakes. Seriously.

Along with the missionary conference, he had a fireside in the evening open to all members and missionaries (who could come if they brought an investigator). While there I ran into Mr. 이! He had come with Elder Brissette and his new companion, Elder Bryner. Anyways, Mr. 이 is still progressing!!!!!!!!!!!! It made me SO happy! He was wearing a suit (which he NEVER did before I left. I didn't know he HAD a suit), and he even brought me a flower because he had heard about my eye surgeries. 

SO MUCH JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides all of this, though, there's not much more to report. Elder Lee and I are going to go looking for a guitar later today (Sister Morrise's orders. Haha I love it!), so there's going to be more noise in our apartment. Hopefully the pleasant-to-the-ear kind.

Love you all!

Elder Shaver






No comments:

Post a Comment